Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Blimpanzee

I got the urge to attempt to make a weird Wizardry style RPG again, and rather than start with making some janky-ass code in game maker that nobody will ever see or have fun with, why not start with designing some enemies that I can actually show off?

So I present to you the Blimpanzee! (name credit goes to my buddy Spoonshiro)

Like a normal chimpanzee they smoke cigarettes and have the strength to rip a man's arm off. However, Blimpanzees are also filled with compressed methane gas.

Possible gameplay attributes:

  • Ape-like creature with crinkled hands. 
  • Explode upon taking fire damage
  • Explode upon taking puncture damage (fart gas reaching lit cigarette), unless first hit with water.
  • AOE nauseate effect from farts? I dunno about this one.
  • Float in mid-air
I drew this on live stream with Mr. Salad Dongs feeding obnoxious songs into my bot's music playlist, and I think that really helped give this guy the crude and ugly feel I was hoping to achieve. I also decided to try adding a thick outline to the whole thing, something I haven't done on any of my work since I was a young'ern.

One last thing: I feel sorry for the guy who joined my stream because I jokingly added #ASMR #RELAXING #CHILL to my stream title and this song came up right after he said hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment